May 8, 2018
Welcome to episode 22 of The Grace Cafe! We recorded this
episode from Spokane Washington USA as we were preparing for the
final leg of a cross-country road trip that took us through 20
states in 29 days, logging over 7,000 miles. This episode is a look
back at our trip and a recap of some of the conversations we had
along the way. Some of the topics we covered include:
- Does God still visit a father's sins on subsequent generations
or have our sins been done away with once for all?
- The importance of disconnecting the Old Covenant from the New
in how we understand Scripture.
- Does the Holy Spirit treat us like convicts or does He remind
us of who we are in Jesus?
- Some implications of the Holy Spirit living in you.
- Loving well flourishes where Jesus plus nothing is a
- Christ's church is expressed in so many valid ways. It's
diverse and so much bigger than we think it is. The goal isn't
- How "always reforming" has led us out of Reformed
- The simple faith of Mister Rogers.
- The gift of our true selves and giving yourself permission to
- The noisy distractions of life.
- Two introverts with a podcast. Hey wait, that's us!
- The negative experiences of a crash and burn.